Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lighting up Mom's Grave!


My father -in-law made this solar light for Mom's Grave. A week ago Corey's Dad and Step Mom called and said they had something to put on Mom's Grave. Corey and I went to Davenport to meet them for supper Saturday and this is what Bob made! He put two pinball games on the side. He tried to find slot machines but couldn't find any! The kids loved playing the pinball games! I am thankful to have such thoughtful in-laws!



Breckin found a "flower" for mom. The wind was blowing and the dandelion petals were starting to blow away. I told Breckin that Grandma Judy was blowing the dandelion with him! He had a great big grin and was excited knowing Grandma Judy was right with him.


Dad and the kids making sure the solar light looks ok!

The kids playing at Grandma Judy's grave!

Playing pinball!

Raya and Breckin checking out the pinball game on the solar light.

Breckin showing Raya how to play!

Breckin and Maraya still having fun with Grandma Judy!


Dad and I drove by Mom's grave tonight. I love the solar light on her grave. She was the only one lit up. It was so peaceful at her grave. I always thought cemeteries were creepy but since Mom is there it felt so safe!

1 comment:

  1. oh jana that is SO THOUGHTFUL of Corey's dad--what a great idea
    puts a big lump in my throat to think of how sweet that was of him
    very neat!

    ps--love the new background too!

    ReplyDelete