Thursday, June 9, 2011

Buffalo Gnat Bite

Maraya's bug bite

I told Maraya to stand up so I could take a picture, of course, she doesn't listen!



I noticed this bite on the back of Maraya's leg tonight. I am allergic to bees and swell like this when I get stung. I called my sister and sent her a picture. She told me I better take her to the ER!! She worries just like me! I called the ER to see what I should do. The ER doctor called back and told me it is probably a Buffalo Gnat that bit her. A buffalo gnat? What the heck is that? I searched it and it looks like a fly. The doctor said to put ice on the bite and give Maraya a teaspoon of Benadryl 4 times a day! I searched on the internet about allergic reactions to bug bites. Breathing problems from a bug bite? How Scary!! What would we do without the internet....glad my little Raya bug is fine!!

2 comments: