Monday, October 5, 2009

Wonderful Friends


Toronto Bridge, over the Wapsi.

Prism from Tabitha.
I took this picture on the way to Dad's today.


I wanted to share a part of Tab's letter with you all. Tab has been so wonderful to me and my family through the loss of our mother, our friend. We are forever grateful for the present and letter she gave us at Mom's visitation. She knows how to give us comfort and she did just that at Mom's visitation night. Thanks again tab! We love you!

Tid bits from Tab's Letter to Mom:

----How can I bring comfort to your children, my cousins, my good friends? I was trying to figure out what I could do, how I could help, when you gave me the answer. While I was working this week I was standing in front of a window talking to my boss. She said, "You have something below your neck."
"What?" I asked, putting my hand high on my chest and feeling nothing.
"It's a rainbow."
"A Rainbow."
I left my hand on my chest and smiled. A prism beam in the window had placed a rainbow above my heart. I felt warm and happy and at ease, just like when I was with you. There you were, just like you promised Jana. There was my sign.
Thanks Judy. See, like I said, I can always count on you.
So, I'm giving your children prisms as a gift from both of us. I hope they see that by letting the light shine in, they can have rainbows anytime they want. Just as when they open their hearts to happiness again, they will find you there. A mother's love knows no bounds. Time can never elude it, no matter how long it's been since they've seen your face. And heaven is no distance for something so powerful to travel. Though you have been taken away from their arms, you will remain in their hearts forever. You will remain in our hearts Judy.---




I picked Breathe!!

As you all know, I had laryngitis right after Mom passed. I couldn't talk and when I talked you couldn't understand what I was saying. My friend's Joni and Tristan called and said they had something to give me and my family before Visitation night. The night before Visitation my sister Amy and I stayed at Dad's House. So I didn't get to see Joni or Tristan the night before Visitation. The next morning I texted Joni to tell her I was sorry for not seeing her the night before. She said I had to go to her house to get a bag off of her door. She explained to me what she had. They bought 8 stones. Each stone had a word on it...

2 Spirit-Joy-Breathe-Create-Grace-Freedom-Faith

She told me to hand them out before visitation to my dad, sister and brothers. She said we had to pick one out for Mom too. Dad picked Spirit for both himself and Mom. Then the rest of my family and I picked out a stone. She said to put a stone in mom's hands and when we were down or sad about Mom or anything in our lives to pick up our stone and know Mom will always have a rock in her hand to help us. I really don't know what I would do without my great friends that I have.

Also, my email girls gave me a necklace (I will not take it off) it has a heart and cross. The heart says "Forever Loved." My necklace is BEAUTIFUL. And they also gave me a heart box. On the box it says "The Circle of Our Family Will Never be Broken." I feel so lucky and blessed to have the friends that I do. Thank you girls for being the wonderful friends you are!!!

1 comment:

  1. aw jana....you keep making me cry
    i'm so grateful that i was able to help bring you some comfort, with the help of your mom--that so came from her, i just did the footwork.

    you have such great friends because you are such an amazing person and you are such an amazing person because of your mom

    you are both forever loved

    ReplyDelete