Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mom's Rainbow

When mom was dying I told her she had to send a sign to let us know she is ok. I said send a rainbow or butterfly. After 10 minutes went by of that conversation I brought it back up to Mom. I asked,"Mom what sign are you going to send us?" She said, "A Rainbow." So now since Mom has passed my family and I have been waiting for the rainbow Mom said she would send. Tonight (October 3rd) my aunt Patrice called all excited and said, "Jana, Hurry go outside there's a beautiful rainbow." So here I run outside with no shoes running up the road looking towards Lost Nation to find Mom's Rainbow. I didn't see it. The sky was all cloudy with no sun in sight. I called Patrice and told her that it was her birthday present from Mom. Patrice's birthday is October 4th. I was wanting to see this beautiful Rainbow Patrice was talking about. So the kids and I jumped in my car and drove the countryside of Maquoketa. Towards Lost Nation the sun was peaking through the clouds and it was just beautiful. I called Amy and told her I couldn't see a rainbow and she said it was meant for just Patrice to see. Then not a few minutes later I looked on the other side of the road and saw this HUGE rainbow. It was big and beautiful. (The pictures didn't catch it too well) I hurried and pulled my vehicle over and took some pictures. I would have taken more but my batteries in my camera went dead. I pulled over a few times and took different pictures from different views. The rainbow was so big and bright. I only got part of it because it was so big! Breckin was with me and I took him out of the vehicle and held him and told him to look at the beautiful rainbow grandma sent. He said, "Grandma is in the Rainbow?" He is so cute and just doesn't understand Grandma being gone! I hope you all enjoy the rainbow just as much as I am. Mom is OK!


Outside of Maquoketa on Hwy 64.

On the Airport Road.


4 comments:

  1. what a BEAUTIFUL rainbow! and a super strong one to shine through that sky! i have never seen a rainbow in such gloomy skies. how amazing-just like your mom--shining through when you don't think it's possible.
    glad you did some rainbow chasing, the whole thing makes me laugh and makes me cry
    we knew she was ok...but it's nice to have proof
    your mom was always good on her word
    we can still count on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true tab! We can still count on Mom! I asked my family.. when was the last time there was a rainbow? I haven't seen one forever!!! Mom wanted to let us know she is ok! She really is OK!! :) I'm so glad I did the chasing and found it. It was a gloomy day yesterday and I was sad. After seeing the rainbow my mood changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left a comment, but it must not have went through. Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I posted your blog on my page, Jana. I saw that Tab did too. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww Thanks Tab and Amber for posting on your blog about Mom's Rainbow!! :) I don't mind at all! It's just an amazing feeling to see Mom's sign!

    ReplyDelete