Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is Mom's first birthday in Heaven. I hope she had the best birthday with her family and friends. We missed her dearly. Tonight, my family and I visited Mom's Grave. Dad wanted to buy Mom a grave blanket. I never knew what a grave blanket was until I googled it on the web. It is beautiful and brightens up Mom's grave. We also bought an angel stand to put a flower vase in. Each holiday, season or special occasion we can switch it out with new flowers! After visiting the grave we went to Dad's house and ate some chili!! We shared memories of Mom and watched my wedding video. Finally after almost 3 years of being married we finally got our wedding video formatted to watch. Mom is on the video quite a bit. She looked beautiful on my wedding day. Everyone often says the bride glows on her wedding day.... that day my mom was glowing!!! We had a great night at Dad's. I am so lucky to have such a close family as I do. We love and miss you Mom! I can't wait to see you in my dreams again!

The boys putting down the grave blanket.
It has 8 carnations and a big red ribbon on.


The kids and Justin visiting Mom!



The Croce Family
Angel and the grave blanket!

In the corner of this picture it's a little white and fuzzy. I wonder if that is Mom with us? Sounds crazy but I know she is with us at all times!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful jana--your mom loves it i'm sure!

    you are right about your wedding day--you and your mom were glowing...that picture of her pinning on your flower is the best picture of her!

    i think is is your mom in the last pic
    you know she was there...nice of her to prove it :)

    ReplyDelete